← rory flint
Rather than a traditional process of yearly resolutions I am experimenting with a more targeted monthly
system of goal setting. (details)
Progress from March - Great month. Best of the year so far.
- ✅ Eat at Michelin Star Restaurant - We went to Leroy in Shoreditch. Fantastic food. Well worth the trip.
- ✅ Finish Three Half Finished Books - All done. The James Smith book was solid, Mental Models Vol. 1 was brilliant(I've bought the second two volumes) and The Book of EST was bizarre but excellent. Continued by finishing two others before the end of the month.
- ✅ Start Goggins Project - Started and finished. Published Goggins Blocker Chrome Extension here.
- ✅ Write Career Post/Thoughts - Wrote it and got some excellent feedback and responses. Find it here.
New goals for April 2022.
- Fix Posture - I've always had bad posture which has been exacerbated by a career in front of a desk. Resources I'm using include Overcoming Poor Posture and r/posture
- Start Naval's 60 Minute 60 Day Meditation Practice - Naval's original twitter thread explains the concept and his thinking. 60 minutes of meditation for 60 days to reset the mind. Interesting write ups and discussion here, here, here and here.
- No News - I won't lie, I'm addicted. I know the latest troop movements in Ukraine. I know who attended Prince Phillip's memorial service. It's a waste of energy and never has a positive impact on my life. I read The News: A User's Manual by Alain de Botton a few years ago and he makes fantastic and poignant points. A good video here.
- Invest - My new job has given me a significant set of stock options. It has inspired me to understand the market with some conviction and start dipping my toe into the investment waters. All recommendations and advice appreciated!