← rory flint
Rather than a traditional process of yearly resolutions I am experimenting with a more targeted monthly
system of goal setting. (details)
Progress from January - lots learnt and already I believe my feelings towards monthly rather than yearly resolutions
are justified. Two successes, one abject failure and two that sit somewhere in between.
- ❌ Run 5km - Never got started. Have been training resistance regularly and ride the Peloton a few times a week but just couldn't get the energy and motivation to lace up the running shoes.
- ✅ Finish flat - Painting, framing, mirrors and shelves - all done.
- ✅ Carve a spoon - The biggest success of the month. Little brought me more joy that sitting quietly in the evening whittling away at a small piece of oak. I posted a photo and some info on Twitter.
- ❌ Write at least two essays - I love writing - I started lots and finished only one: Too Much Information.
- ❌ Finish Epic React - I'm about half way through. 90% is completely familiar to me but I have picked up interesting tidbits along the way. Will continue into February.
Some goals are brought over from January and a couple of new ones added to the mix. See you on the other side.
- Run 5km - I don't want to do it, I really don't. Which is why I must.
- Finish Epic React - Finish what I have started - the further into the course, the more advanced the gems become.
- 3 Day Fast - Fasting is a fascinating thing - I've fasted for 1, 3 and 7 days and enjoyed the benefits and challenge each time. It has been a couple of years since I last tried - time to go again.
- No Complaining - I moaned, complained and acted negatively too much last month. Nobody cares, there is no advancement in complaining. Tim Ferriss has written about it and I believe most of what is said holds true - it is well worth the read.
- Finish/Update Portfolio - It's out of date, I have so many new projects to add - I've just been lazy.