← rory flint
Rather than a traditional process of yearly resolutions I am experimenting with a more targeted monthly
system of goal setting. (details)
These will be marked as completed or fail as the month progresses and a summary written at the beginning of
the next month.
- Run 5km - I used to run a lot and loved it. Then I stopped after a leg injury. I peaked with a 5km time of just over 20 minutes. Getting to 5km is the first easy goal followed by a sub 30 minute time.
- Finish flat - We bought this flat over a year ago and there are still a few lingering things that need finishing. I need to stop procrastinating and get it done...or at least pay somebody else to get it done.
- Carve a spoon - I went on a spoon carving course a few years ago, loved it and then never thought about it again. A goal this year is to rekindle a passion for traditional crafts and processes - starting with carving a wooden spoon.
- Write at least two essays - I have a folder of ideas and half finished writing going back over six years. Time to see some through to the end.
- Finish Epic React - Do I need to? Probably not. But the course by Kent C. Dodds undoubtedly had lots of gems and will shine a light onto the many blindspots I have developed during my career.