← rory flint
Rather than a traditional process of yearly resolutions I am experimenting with a more targeted monthly
system of goal setting. (details)
Progress from February - I had a great month. I turned 31 - some wins, some losses. Some strikes, some gutters. Lots learnt, lots to learn.
- ❌ Run 5km - Two months in a row. Have been on the Peloton a lot but haven't laced up my running shoes once.
- ✅ 3 Day Fast - A little late, it bled into March...but done. I haven't fasted for a long time and it was tough but well worth it. Physically tiring but the mental clarity was blissful.
- ❌ No Complaining - A good start to the month - the first 10 or so days were noticeably improved and then I fell of the wagon. Have got the book now and will be continuing.
- ✅ Finish/Update Portfolio - Done. Tidied. Lots more to do but all the issues I had previously noticed were resolved.
New goals for March 2022
- Eat at Michelin Star Restaurant - I've eaten at a couple - but not for a while. Any recommendations?
- Finish Three Half Finished Books - I've become terrible at half finishing books and moving on...Not a Life Coach, The Great Mental Models Vol.1 and The Book of Est
- Start Goggins Project - I'm creating a repository of all David Goggins interviews and content + remaking my LaBeouf Blocker as a Goggins Blocker.
- Write Career Post/Thoughts - I'm moving from my current company to a Fintech. Lots of thoughts on how, why and general considerations when entering and navigating tech careers.