← rory flint
Rather than a traditional process of yearly resolutions I am experimenting with a more targeted monthly
system of goal setting. (details)
Progress from August - It was short but productive. Back on the wagon. Interesting how much more I achieve with a set of goals or at least some sort of public list.
- ✅ Set up website/area for photography - Kinda. Spent ages researching and settled on just using Instagram publicly.
- ❌ Knife sharpening - Nope. Well, sort of. I ordered the necessary tools and have watched some videos. Essential for next month.
- ✅ Finish flat improvements (reframing, remounting) - All done. Photos framed, frames hung. Everything coming together. We've decided to stay put and not move whilst we ride out the looming recession, so making sure where we live is as beautiful as possible.
New goals for September 2022.
- Carve spoons - 2, maybe 3. Knives sharpened - Christmas presents to make.
- Bake more bread - Is there a better use of time?
- Functional Programming - New work projects mean I need to be hot on FP - I'd like to be significantly knowlegable by the end of the month.
- Do nothing - Inspired by this good read. I've been burning the candle at both ends for months and when I have stopped the time has been occupied by non-stillness. TV, movies, podcasts. Too much input again.